Tutorial Program Components
The ASC’s tutorial program offers individual and group tutoring for a wide variety of lower division courses. In line with our mission, the ASC’s tutorial program prioritizes assigning tutors for freshmen, entry-level courses, university requirements, and for general skill or academic development.
The vast majority of student athletes in need of support in any of these areas will receive a tutor to meet with individually on a regular basis. In addition, the ASC offers numerous small study groups to encourage collaborative, group-based learning.
Common ASC Study Groups
- American Studies 10
- Anthropology 1, 2AC, 3AC
- History 4A, 5, 7A, 7B
- Biology 1A, 1B
- Chemistry 1A, 3A, 3B
- ESPM 15, 50AC
- Molecular Cell Biology 32, C61
- Nutritional Science 10
- Physics 7A, 7B, 8A, 8B, C10 (L&SC70V)
- Media Studies 10
- Political Science 1, 3, 5
- Psychology 1, C19
- Sociology 1, 3AC, 5
Business & Economics
- Economics 1, 100A, 100B
- Business Administration (UGBA) 10
Statistics & Mathematics
- Math 10A, 16A, 16B, 1A, 1B, 32, 53, 54, 55
- Statistics 2, 20, 21
Atypical Areas for Support
Each semester UC Berkeley offers roughly 8,000 courses to students across all
disciplines. As such, it is impossible to offer content-specific tutoring for all of the campus courses.
With our program mission and student athlete needs in mind, the following are atypical areas for ASC tutorial support:
- Upper Division courses in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Integrative Biology, Micro Cell Biology, Math, Physics, Statistics.
- Foreign language, Astronomy, and Optometry courses.
- Online courses not affiliated with UC Berkeley or UC Berkeley Extension.
- Concurrent enrollment courses at a junior college or other university.